Ohio Gunsight Concealed Carry CCW is located in Akron, Ohio. We are known for offering the very best in Firearms/Handgun training for those who wish to gain Concealed Carry certification , the first step toward applying for a Concealed Carry Handgun Permit. Our instructors are experienced and knowledgible.
Ohio Gunsight is conveniently located right on Rt. 91 (Canton Rd.) in Akron.
* Note: The Ohio Concealed Carry Laws have changed. We at Gunsight keep current with the changes as
they happen. All of our classes are current and Up To Date.
Ohio’s Concealed Carry Law requires, and we provide, all of the following:
• an 8 hour course of instruction
with 6 hours of classroom instruction
and 2 hours on the firing range.
• participants learn how different handguns work, the rules for safe handling of a handgun, and the proper storage and handling practices for Handguns and ammunition.
• Students are given a handbook on Ohio Concealed Carry, and we go over the rules and regulations VERY THOUROUGHLY. It is our goal to insure that each of our students knows and understands the Ohio Concealed Carry laws before they apply for their permit.
* NOTE: Any course that is shorter in classroom or range time does not meet Ohio Requirements, and should be avoided!
· Any law abiding resident of the State of Ohio, at least 21 years of age, and a resident for at least 30 days.
· You must pass a criminal background check. Certain violent crimes, drug offenses, etc. will disqualify an applicant.
· You must obtain certified training from a training facility such as Ohio Gunsight.
What if I have never fired a handgun before?
· Prior shooting experience IS NOT NECESSARY. Ohio Gunsight is staffed by NRA Certified Instructors, teaching the NRA Basic Pistol course. This Course is outlined with the beginner in mind, teaching all of the basics of pistol shooting from top to bottom. It includes instruction in how different handguns work, how to grip, sight and shoot a handgun properly, and does include two hours of live fire shooting on our privateshooting range for Gunsight students only.
What if I already know how to shoot a handgun?
• Experienced shooters will benefit from the review of Fundamentals, and most students tell us they greatly improved their shooting skills after taking our course.
We also cover the Ohio Concealed carry rules and regulations VERY THOROUGHLY, to be sure every student feels comfortable about concealed carry for personal protection.
Is it safe to learn to shoot?
• A VERY HIGH emphasis is placed on handgun safety. After completing the course, students will be have the skills, and the confidence to go to any shooting range to practice and improve their shooting.